Great Hearts academies use a PSO (Parent Service Organization) to help support the school and teachers in various ways. The PSO is made up of volunteers who are committed to being involved in their child’s education and school. Our PSO is made up of people who work full-time, part-time or not at all. We have a place for everyone and encourage you to get involved, volunteer and support your child’s school.
The primary focus of the PSO is to foster a sense of community among Lincoln Prep families. We are all doing this together!
This site is your primary gateway to information about everything related to the PSO, volunteer opportunities, social functions, the hot lunch program and more.
We strongly encourage you to use the “RECEIVE UPDATES FROM PSO BY EMAIL” field on the right to sign up for automatic email updates. As news is shared, we will post the information here and it will be delivered automatically to your inbox.
Please keep in mind that there are 2 separate PSO’s – one for the Archway (grades K-5) students/families and one for the Lincoln Prep (grades 6-11) students and families. Although many events will be similar or together, some may be separate so if you have a student in both schools we encourage you to sign up for notices from both. If you have any questions or comments, please contact Lincoln Prep PSO.
We look forward to a wonderful year at Lincoln Prep!
–Your PSO Team
Here’s a list of just some of what your volunteer PSO coordinated in the 2018-2019 school year:
- Coordinating and serving daily hot lunch program for students
- Daily snack sales for students
- Monthly teacher appreciation luncheons and birthday recognition
- Keeping our new vending machine stocked
- Created, and distributed a packet of important information, to all families, at “Meet the Teacher Night”
- Planning, support and volunteers for sports banquet(s)
- Planning, support, provided food, drinks and decorations for 9th grade Fine Arts Night
- Gathering volunteers and ongoing training for hot lunch program
- Provided drinks, snacks and encouragement for students during field day
- Provided support to school nurse for vision & hearing testing
- Provided support for school picture day
- Work with Administration to ensure volunteers were coordinated for field trips, finals proctoring and other school functions
- Helping support teachers, parents and staff on “Meet the Teacher Night”
- Planning of school family fun nights and restaurant nights
- Planning, support for school dances
- Supporting the students with the quarterly “doughnut Thursdays”
We encourage you to get involved, get plugged in and help us make the Lincoln Prep community one we can continue to be proud of!
One of the most important things you can do, is give to the Community Investment. Without those funds, we could not continue to operate with the high level of excellence, that we have come to love at Lincoln Prep!